On April 11th, BioWare is releasing SWTOR Game Update 5.2 – The War for Iokath! This update will bring back some of the most requested MMO staples like Open-World PvP, a new Daily Quest area, and the first of a string of new Operation Bosses … is SWTOR finally on an upswing?
Here’s what we know so far:
- Old allies will return (see the new teaser/trailer here)
- Iokath is open to *all* players who are level 70. You do not need to be a subscriber, and you do not need to have completed KotFE or KotET to join in (although they recommend it because Iokath contains spoilers and will continue on with default “choices” if you aren’t done with either of those storylines).
- Iokath PvP is different – you fight for the Faction you choose in the story, not necessarily the Faction of your class.
- You can loot Iokath specific currency from your PvP kills on the planet. The currency is used to do fun things like piloting walkers and spamming the ground stomp ability to crush your enemies into the pavement!
- Master Mode Uprising are coming … in case you weren’t already tired of running them, you can now do it on a much harder level! Better loot and additional mechanics are part-and-parcel of the new mode.
- New gear levels (up to 248 – Legendary) from CXP crates and Operation boss(es).
- You and your raid team can begin their war against Superweapon – the last boss in the new operation – but you’ll have to be patient, as only the first boss will be available in 5.2. Tyth is the God of Rage (note: I originally wrote “God of Ragh” … woah!) in the Zakuulan Pantheon. He looks like a bit Zakuulan Knight with a very cool Force Pike for a weapon.
So yea .. that’s what we’ve got so far. What are you looking forward to the most? What do you think will happen with Elara and/or Quinn? How many wipes are you expecting on Tyth? April 11th isn’t that far away, so you don’t have much longer to wait!
Until then, may the Force be with you!